Are you motivated, organized, and have a passion for leading Skilled Survey Teams? If you answered yes to all, have we got the opportunity for you! mma is hiring a Survey Party Chief in Arlington, Texas. Our ideal team members has at least two (2) years of experience leading a survey crew in performing boundary, topographic and ALTA surveys, and construction staking. Candidates must possess a strong work ethic, dependable record of accomplishment, and a positive “can do” attitude.
Wondering what it’s like to work at mma? Well, allow us to introduce ourselves: We are a technology-focused professional services firm providing civil engineering, landscape architecture, survey, and planning services to clients across North Texas. You may have seen our name at Texas Live!, the new Globe Life Field, and the occasional Single Family Development site.
At mma, we want all our team members to be engaged, be passionate, be accountable, be creative, and be involved.
Still interested? Here’s the fine print for the Survey Party Chief role:
Responsibility and Work Environment
- Under direction, coordinates the activities of a field survey party.
- Perform technically complex paraprofessional field surveying duties.
- Will work primarily in the field on control, boundary, topographic, and construction surveys.
- May also perform some office duties, including data reduction, field note reduction, calculations, data checks and staking computations using survey computer programs
- Will accurately operate and adjust survey measuring instruments including levels, GPS equipment, and total stations with electronic data collecting capabilities. Performs mathematical calculations and field checking of field data.
- Take accurate and clear notes and performs note reduction.
- Reads and understands plans and specifications.
- Know basic sources of measurement errors.
- Know principles of monumentation, staking and marking.
- Assign, prioritize, schedule, and delegate work.
- Explain technical concepts to others.
- Provide constructive feedback.
- Direct, train, and evaluate the performance of field staff.
- Enforce safety practices.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Ability to regularly work outside in all weather conditions including extreme temperatures and wet/muddy areas
- Ability to safely traverse and navigate rugged terrain in remote areas
- Ability to transport heavy equipment to jobsites (regularly lifting/moving up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifting/moving up to 50 pounds)
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5 years of field surveying experience and 2 years directly supervising a survey crew
- Proficient with the field procedures and equipment required to perform boundary and topographic surveys
- Ability to keep accurate field notes
- Ability to perform level loops for vertical control
- Ability to interpret stationing, offsets, and grades from construction plans for construction stakeout
- Ability to supervise and direct field crew
- Ability to read construction plans, plats, maps, deeds, legal descriptions, and field notes
- Experience with Leica total stations, GPS instruments, and data collectors is preferred, but not required
- Valid driver license and a satisfactory safe driving record
How to Apply?
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the link below.